Why buy Gold ?
Unlike paper currency or other assets, gold has maintained its value throughout the ages. People see gold as a way to pass on and preserve their wealth from one generation to the next.
- Gold is not used as a currency today, but its role as money makes it superior to any currency.
- One of the crucial promises of money is that it serve as a long-term store of value. Gold fulfills this promise better than any fiat currency.
- If you buy physical gold, you can hold it in your hand, something you can’t do with most investments.
- Although the price of gold can be volatile in the short term, it has always maintained its value over the long term.
The world's most widely held and actively traded gold bullion coin.
The Krugerrand is a South African gold coin, first minted in 1967 to help market South African gold and produced by the South African Mint.
- World's first gold bullion coins
- World's most traded gold bullion coin
- An ounce denominated coin
- Most recognized bullion gold coin brand
From its inception in 1967, the 1 oz gold krugerrand was intended as a way to invest in gold.
How it Works?
Krugerbits gives you the opportunity to purchase Krugerrands in an easy and affordable way.
Buy Small Bits
You buy small parts of a Krugerrand
Each part is called a krugerbit
1 Krugerbit currently costs R
Accumulate Your Coins
Once you have purchased 100 krugerbits - you then have purchased a 1oz Krugerrand coin
Safe & Insured
All your Krugerbits and Krugerrands are insured and stored in your account's vault
Grow Your Wealth
As the gold price increases, so does the value of the contents of your vault
There is no limit to the number of Krugerrands you can accumulate, and you can "cash-out" at any time!
- If you cashout your Krugerbits, you will be paid the current gold price +4% for your bits.
- If you cashout your Krugerrands, you can decide to be paid the value of the coin(s) or take delivery of your coin(s).
Krugerbits gives parents / legal guardian's the opportunity to create an account for their children (all ages under 18) - Now affording them the same benefits of accumulating gold Krugerrands and seeing the financial growth - as gold increases in value!
Family & loved ones can contribute to the child's account by purchasing Krugerbit vouchers via the online platform for any occasions such as birthdays and special celebrations.
To get started, simply login to your account (Register if you don't yet have one) and click on the icon and follow the registration process.
Registration is quick and easy, and only requires a once-off R249.00 registration fee.
This gives you lifetime insurance and secure storage of your gold with Vault Prive operated by Brinks of Southern Africa
Once successfully registered, you can start purchasing your Krugerbits, as and when it suits your pocket!
It's that easy!
As you purchase more Krugerbits, the value of your vault will increase.
Have questions? - Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us!
Milk, Bread and Krugerbits
Now you can buy your Krugerbits at your favourite retail store!
By using your Krugerbits Gold card, you can purchase Krugerbits at any of the following participating retail outlets throughout South Africa.Note : This is not a credit or debit card