Why buy Gold ?
Unlike paper currency or other assets, gold has maintained its value throughout the ages. People see gold as a way to pass on and preserve their wealth from one generation to the next.
- Gold is not used as a currency today, but its role as money makes it superior to any currency.
- One of the crucial promises of money is that it serves as a long-term store of value. Gold fulfills this promise better than any fiat currency.
- If you buy physical gold, you can hold it in your hand, something you can’t do with most investments.
- Although the price of gold can be volatile in the short term, it has always maintained its value over the long term.
The world's most widely held and actively traded gold bullion coin.
The Krugerrand is a South African gold coin, first minted in 1967 to help market South African gold and is produced by the South African Mint.
- World's first gold bullion coins
- World's most traded gold bullion coin
- An ounce denominated coin
- Most recognized bullion gold coin brand
From its inception in 1967, the 1 oz gold Krugerrand was intended as a way to invest in gold.
How it Works?
Goldbits gives you the opportunity to purchase Krugerrands in an easy and affordable way.
Buy Small Bits
You buy small parts of a Krugerrand
Each part is called a Goldbit
1 Goldbit currently costs R
Accumulate Your Coins
Once you have purchased 100 Goldbits - you then have purchased a 1oz Krugerrand coin
Safe & Insured
All your Goldbits and Krugerrands are insured and stored in your account's vault
Grow Your Wealth
As the gold price increases, so does the value of the contents of your vault
There is no limit to the number of Krugerrands you can accumulate, and you can "cash-out" at any time!
- If you cashout your Goldbits, you will be paid the current gold price +4% for your bits.
- If you cashout your Krugerrands, you can decide to be paid the value of the coin(s) or take delivery of your coin(s).
Goldbits gives parents / legal guardians the opportunity to create an account for their children (all ages under 18) - this affords them the same benefits of accumulating gold Krugerrands and seeing the financial growth, as gold increases in value!
Family & loved ones can contribute to the child's account by purchasing Goldbits vouchers via the online platform for any occasions such as birthdays and special celebrations.
To get started, simply login to your account (Register if you don't yet have one) and click on the icon, then follow the quick registration process.
Registration is quick and easy, and only requires a once-off R249.00 registration fee.
This gives you lifetime insurance and secure storage of your gold with Vault Prive
Once successfully registered, you can start purchasing your Goldbits, as and when it suits your pocket!
It's That Easy!
As you purchase more Goldbits, the value of your vault will increase.
Have questions? - Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us!
Milk, Bread and Goldbits
Now you can buy your Goldbits at your favourite retail store!
By using your Goldbits Gold card, you can purchase Goldbits at any of the following participating retail outlets throughout South Africa.Note : This is not a credit or debit card